After shooting, I went into hiding for a while trying to figure out what the heck I was going to do with all these images. I told Kim from the very beginning that I did not want to go through a big proofing process with the individuals I shot, There simply was not the time do this. They would have to trust me to select a flattering shot that would ultimately be used for the project. Time was short and I had to get these images prepared and out to the printer. Kim wholeheartedly agreed with this. Another rule implemented was that no one was allowed to see their image until the actual unveiling. Kim wanted to see the group's reaction when the display was finally unveiled.

Now enlarging the shots for exceptionally large prints was going to be a challenge. You simply cannot do extreme enlargements and expect "quality" results without some specialized processing. Of course I had some retouching to do.. Kim did tell all the ladies how fantastic I was going to make them look. Additionally, there were some special requests.. One individual wanted to be placed in a large coffee cup and some business titles had to be put in as well.

Not only did I have to get the stand-ups ready for the printer, I had to create some posters for the display. I used images I already had on file as the basis for these creations but I wanted to create artwork that was different then what is normally seen around our city. Even though we never used any of my panoramas for the display, parts of these well known images were elements of the finished artwork.

I finally finished all the stand-ups and artwork (37 images) that needed to be delivered to the printer. These images were delivered to the printer less then two weeks after the shooting was completed. I created four more posters (3'x5' to 4'x8' in size) for the project but I printed those myself.

Meanwhile, Kim was busy doing her thing....

 
 
Back Next
 
 
Ways to Contact Copyright Information Email Mel Talley Legal Notice